So you have decided to buy a new home! That is always exciting, but it can also be very stressful. Purchasing a property is most likely the biggest financial decision you will ever make. Whether this is your first purchase or you are an experienced buyer, this decision must be made carefully. Either way, you need someone on your side. This is where the experience of Team Couch comes in. We can help you through the process of buying a home from start to finish.
Here are our top tips for buying a new home!
Tip #1 – GET APPROVED
The first step in purchasing a home is to talk to a lender and get approved for your mortgage loan. There are all kinds of mortgages available with different rates and features. A Mortgage lender will help you navigate through all available options and find the best loan program based on your needs. Using a local lender DOES make a difference. If you haven’t been pre-approved for your home mortgage, please refer to our vendor list to find a list of preferred Financing/Mortgage Lenders that have a proven reputation in this area.
Tip #2 – CHOOSE THE RIGHT AGENT
Buying new home requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. Team Couch can guide you through this process and provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market.
- We are full time agents and we will work around your schedule to help you find the perfect house.
- We can provide initial counseling to help determine your needs and preferences in a home.
- As your agent, we will promptly return your calls and answer any questions promptly.
- Full time staff to help provide information.
- Provide guidance and suggestions when viewing homes.
- Provide frequent updates for anything “new on the market”
- Provide useful information that will help you prepare an offer (market analysis, pricing comparables, area sales, etc…)
- Preparation and presentation of the contract offer
- Provide Recommendations on professional inspectors and arrange inspections
- Handle all negotiations of the offer on your behalf through objective, third party viewpoint
- Recommendations of contract laborers you may need such as: electricians, plumbers, painters, handyman, etc…
- Arrange final walk-through inspection
- Arrange closing and notification of time/location/specifics to all parties involved
Tip #3 – GO SHOPPING
Once you know what your price range is and you have an idea of what you are looking for, it is time to go shopping! Get to know the neighborhoods, complexes, or subdivisions, which interest you. Drive around and get a feel for what it would be like to own a property in the area. Start getting a sense of the properties available in those areas. Once you are ready to get started on your home buying journey, contact Team Couch!